Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reflections (22/365)

While wandering around, wondering about where to take my next picture of Ralph, I started thinking about how some of my other 365 friends have been thinking outside the box.  I've seen pictures of snow globes reflected in faucets, rabbits made on the inside of toilet tissue rolls, and trees promoting peace. What, I wondered, could I do with Ralph?  It was at this point I stumbled across a glass cake holder.


After taking yet another fish picture that bored even me, I wondered what would happen if I took a picture from above, straight through the round knob on the top.  It was made of glass, so I figured Ralph would somehow reflect through it, although I wasn't sure how.  Turns out, one of the first pictures I took from this angle led to me realize that the glass would reflect Ralph "backwards," which was pretty cool.


Pushing it one step further, I aimed lower and got the shot I was hoping for.  One where, Ralph is in the picture, reflected in the glass knob, but he is (almost) completely altered.  Slowly, I am learning to think outside the box...


5 comments:

  1. Ralph as a Mandala! YaY! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I'm a big fan of reflections and enjoyed the unfolding.

    And, that first shot didn't bore me at all. Just look how startled Ralph looks! I had to laugh out loud. He looks genuinely surprised to find himself in a cake stand. Fish cake? ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that we can see how your process evolved here. bust the seams open on that box!

    ReplyDelete