Monday, April 18, 2011

Buttercup (111/365)

When I was a small girl, my friends and I would pick these weeds that have a yellow bloom.  I don't know if it is the real name of them or not, but everyone I know calls them "buttercups."  Supposedly, if you put a buttercup under your chin and the yellow of the flower is reflected upon your skin, you "like butter."  If there is no reflection, you "don't like butter."  I am sure how sunny the day is has NOTHING to do with whether or not the reflection appears...

I can't tell whether Ralph likes butter or not, can you?

3 comments:

  1. We used to do that too!!!!!
    Sun has nothing to do with it, it is pure science!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's new to me, but I do call them buttercups.

    Sweet spring photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a bit of reflection, although I'm not sure how good butter is for a fish's digestion.

    ReplyDelete