Thursday, May 26, 2011

The towel, throwing it in... (149/365)

I am busy.

Like, really busy.

I work a full-time job, two part-time jobs and am now enrolled in a hybrid distance learning chemistry course.  The "hybrid" means that I go to class for lab twice a week and then have to spend my own time studying the lessons and learning the material online because we don't have lectures.  I'm also still trying to get to the gym and workout with my trainer in hopes of bettering my health and losing weight.

Oh yeah, and don't let me forget to make time for friends, family and a few moments of "me" time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this everyday blog was fun and exciting at first, but it has become tiresome and more of a chore for me.  Perhaps if I had less pressing things going on, I'd find it more amusing.  As it is, this isn't really doing anything for me other than making me anxious.  Therefore, I am considering calling it quits.  Perhaps I will keep posting here and there, but not everyday?  I don't know...I'm thinking things over.

Thoughts?

Today's post is a video that the lovely Beth made of Ralph while we were at the Roller Derby this past Sunday.  I am exhausted today and really don't feel like scrambling to put together a picture.  So, enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. You have to do what is best for you.
    Think about the reasons that you started this project and make sure that you will not regret your decision should you choose to "throw in the towel". You are almost halfway through, after all!
    You and Ralph will be missed if you choose to stop. This project is one of the reasons that I made my little "me" turtle. I enjoy Ralph's adventures and wanted to incorporate something like that in my blog! Maybe still taking daily photos, but posting on Tuesdays (for example) would work better for you?
    But, like I said, you need to do what is best for you. Just be sure that you don't disappoint yourself with whatever your decision ends up being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....perhaps you should let Ralph visit with people for a week (or month) when you need a vacation....

    I'll volunteer take him for a holiday & send you pictures to post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I had to quit my tree project. I had so many reasons. I was starting to do a bad job at it just because I was squeezing it in at the end of the day. I wasn't getting things done that were of a much higher priority too. All in all, it was fun but not worth it if you neglect what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, since only 3 people have weighed in, I assume that Ralph will not be greatly missed. Therefore, I don't feel so bad about leaving! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so fast there, Wen. Ralph will be missed! But, you have to do what you need to do. If it's making you anxious, then stop, but think about what you are able to do. Weekly or monthly check-ins might be nice for us Ralph fans.
    Think it over, do what you need to do. I admire all the work you do! Maybe it's not the right time, only you know that. I support whatever choice you make! <3 to you and Ralph! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ralph will be missed. Life is just busy all the way around.

    You should do what's best for you, but do make careful considerations first. Getting creative with Ralph may just end up being the soothing balm you need on those hectic days?

    Wishing you and Ralph the best, whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, it's your project, and I say you make it work for you, not the other way around. Once you feel you're posting consistently only out of obligation then it may be time to take a break. Or modify it to fit your time better. Maybe just once a week, or even less if necessary. I would encourage you to hang in there with some form or another, but that is an easy thing for someone who isn't working three jobs and going to school to say. :)

    If Ralph needs another vacation I'm sure Roger would be happy to put him up for a few nights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, please don't go! We'll eat you up, we love you so!

    Ok, but really, I understand. A 365 can indeed become a chore, and if you can't un-slump or if you have big real-life stuff going on, nobody is going to fault you for taking a break or calling it quits. I'll miss Ralph, though. And he's welcome to visit Swiper any time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: love the video, great music choice.

    Some more thoughts on slumps:
    1. May is often horribly busy and overwhelming.
    2. Slumps can often be a gift - you need down times to regroup and fuel the next upswing.
    3. YOU make the rules. Your project, your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone else!I will miss you and Ralph, but do what *you* need to do!

    I like Beth's idea of Ralph babysitters. I'd be down for that :)

    ReplyDelete