Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fish out of Water (37/365)

For today's project, I made two adult and four baby origami goldfish out of standard printer paper, painted them and even applied "roly-poly" eyes.  I'm quite proud of my crafty accomplishments!  However, when it came to picturing the little family of fish, I did not factor in the wind that was blowing through Richmond today.  As a result, one of the adult fish became a casualty - he blew into Fountain Lake...


After the loss of the one fish, I was more careful as I lined up the rest of the family for their photo shoot.  However, I have to admit, I cheated a bit and put a thumbtack in the back end of each one in order to help keep them under control.  If you look closely, you can see the little, lost fish floating in the water behind the group in these shots...



And, not to be left out, Fountain Lake's ducks were very curious about the new addition to the pond...


7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! I was afraid for a moment that you were going to say Ralph floated away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I hope he doesn't ever get away or break...I don't have a back-up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! (had to keep with general trend of all caps at beginning of comment) 2nd pic is brilliant. Did the geese try to eat the poor deceased fishie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the geese sort of looked it over and then let it sink to the bottom of the lake. I guess it didn't appear too tasty. I feel bad about leaving it, but there was not way to reach it to get it out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative, Wendy :) There is no such thing as a backup Ralph though. There is only one Ralph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine the birds thinking, oh goody food. You must have been so surprised when the first fish blew away! Good you had pins to secure the others. They're very nice! Good luck with this project. Ralph is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete