Thursday, June 23, 2011

Council of Misfit Toys (177/365)

Ralph, holding court with the Council of Misfit Toys

***Those of you concerned about all the misfit toys that have shown up in the past few posts, never fear!  They are toys that have been overly loved by my friend's dog, Maggie.  She seems to have a penchant for unintentionally mutilating them within hours of having them gifted to her.  She just loves them too much; hence, the headless duck of yesterday and the gutted fish of the day before that.  Oh, yeah, and all of the toys in today's picture are part of her collection.  Most of them, at one point, contained squeakers.  Now not one of them has one.  She can remove a squeaker with surgical precision.  I kid you not, most of the toys have a one inch, straight incision where she's chewed (?) into the toy and removed it.  Quite remarkable, right?  I think I'll have her do my next surgery.

2 comments:

  1. You might want to consider having a second surgeon on hand for the stitching back up part, as she doesn't seem too concerned about that aspect of the surgery.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie is a girl after my heart. I hate squeaky toys!

    Misha, that is funny!

    Wendy, I'm glad you titled this post because without the title, I would have thought all these mutated toys were closing in on Ralph and.....

    I don't even want to think about what might have happened next!

    ReplyDelete