Thursday, January 13, 2011

Iron Fish (17/365)

There is nothing I like more than something that makes me think of New Orleans and there is nothing that makes me think of New Orleans more than iron.  Everywhere you walk in that city you see iron - from the centuries old iron work on the Pontalba balconies to the iron work you find surrounding crypts within the St. Louis Cemeteries.  Therefore, imagine how much I enjoyed finding this iron work encasing a window here at home, in Richmond.  I hope you enjoy this photo as much as I do.  It is my new favorite.


"And what advice would you give to an aspiring photographer? 
'To fall in love.' Lartigue replied.
~ Jacques Henri


3 comments:

  1. That iron work is easy to love. Ralph looks like he is having the time of his life! :)

    Lovely work, Wendy. The quote is a gem of a fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything Misha said! I like today's with the pink tights, too, but this window is really something!

    ReplyDelete